Cold weather can take a toll on any home, and a few quick cleaning tips can get your home back into shape for the upcoming summer season.
Outdoor Cleaning Tips for Summer
Start your outdoor cleaning early in the season to help improve the efficiency and life span of certain parts of your home and increase safety. Here are seven house cleaning tips to get your home ready for summer:
- Clean Drains and Gutters: Debris such as leaves and mud from the fall and winter can collect in your gutters and drains, leading to leaks in the walls and roof. Clearing away any buildup will protect your home against water damage during warmer weather.
- Clean the filter on your air conditioner: Removing dust and dirt from your air conditioner will improve its function for a cool and comfortable home throughout the summer. Clean your filter with warm soapy water or a vacuum cleaner.
- Wash the windows and screens: The outside and the screens of your windows will benefit from a good scrubbing. Use soap and water instead of glass cleaner, and don't be afraid to scrub to remove the dirt.
- Make the patio a clean and comfortable space: Removing moss and lichen from your patio space will make it easier to enjoy your outdoor space. Apply a mixture of bleach and water to kill and dry out lichen, allowing you to sweep it away from outdoor furniture and other features.
- Check for leaks: As you use your outdoor hose and facet more often, check for leaks and dampness. A quick fix with water-proof tape can help you save on your water bill at the end of the month.
- Clean the chimney: Your chimney can fill with dirt and other debris during the winter months, making summer the perfect time to clean it. Hire a professional to clean and inspect your chimney to keep your home safe.
- Degrease your grill: Use apple cider vinegar and some aluminum foil to remove any grease and gunk from your grill.
Learn More About SK Builders Today
Preparing your home for the summer is the perfect way to increase curb appeal for your own enjoyment or to receive a higher price when you list your home on the market. If you're ready to move into the home of your dreams, SK Builders is here to help. We have been helping homeowners customize homes since 1994 and can work with your budget to create your perfect home.
Explore our available homes online or complete our contact form to learn more about our services!