If you are looking for fun fall decorations, we can help. Learn how to celebrate this season by using its rich natural color palette and other elements to transform your home into a fall-inspired masterpiece.
How to Decorate for Fall
With a world of options to decorate according to your taste and style, your imagination is the only limit. Here are our tips for easy and eye-catching fall decorating ideas.
Use Color, Pattern and Texture
When decorating for fall, your chosen color palette is the foundation of your décor, and patterns and textures give it life. Consider these ideas when selecting your fall palette:
- Limit yourself to two or three accent colors.
- Work with a neutral canvas by painting the room's walls in a warm, off-white color.
- Incorporate plaid — a fall favorite — through blankets, throws and cushions in living rooms and bedrooms.
- Bring cable knit, houndstooth and tweed textures into the fold through pillows and throws.
Incorporate Vintage Finds
Vintage items work as décor no matter the season, but they complement fall particularly well. Some ways to decorate with these pieces include:
- Create striking floral arrangements using old copper containers that pair perfectly with autumn's colors.
- Arrange coffee table displays on old wooden trays, including amber bottles, candles or apples.
- Source vintage glassware from an antique store to add interesting shapes, patterns and colors.
- Introduce an old brown suitcase as part of a table display, creating a rustic feel and another surface to decorate.
Introduce an Autumnal Feel Using What You Have
There's a good chance you have plenty of items around the house or yard that you could use for your fall decorating needs. Some ways you can repurpose these items are:
- Welcome guests with an arrangement of lanterns, pumpkins and terracotta planters just outside your front door.
- Add pine cones, pumpkins and apples to your mantel or table displays.
- Use dried flowers and branches from your garden as décor elements.
Get Creative and Craft Your Own Fall Décor
Let your creativity take the lead this fall with these homemade decoration ideas:
- Create wall displays with wreaths made of pine cones, dried leaves and twigs.
- Combine rustic wooden elements, like raw wood slice chargers, with refined crockery and glassware at the table.
- Make centerpiece arrangements with pine cones, sunflowers and wheat bundles.
Let SK Builders Find You a New Home to Decorate This Fall
Finding the perfect new home in South Carolina to decorate this fall is easy with SK Builders. Choose from our extensive range of existing homes, or let us build your ideal home using one of our customizable floor plans.